For many families, the holidays come with many years old traditions. When we got married, it was hard for my husband and I to come with with traditions of our own. Over the past 15 years, we’ve managed to bring the things we liked best from our childhoods and blended them with some of our own ideas. Recently, my boys’ Kindergarten teacher shared one of her Thanksgiving family traditions with me – a DIY Gratitude Table Cloth. I fell in love with the idea so I asked permission to share it with you all.
**Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
How to Make a DIY Gratitude Table Cloth –
- Wash and dry the table cloth.
- Spread it out over your table.
- Put the Sharpie Markers on the table.
- Ask your family to write down one reason they are blessed and/or one thing they are thankful for, followed by their name and the year.
- Pack it away until the next year.
- Have your family members to continue to add to the DIY gratitude table cloth for many years to come!
I’m a little sad that I don’t have a table cloth with things my grandparents had written on it but I’m so excited to start this new tradition with our very own DIY Gratitude Table Cloth – this year! And what excites me more is pulling out the cloth and looking back at the things were were thankful for year after year.
This is such a fun, simple tradition to start and continue for so many years! I would love to see your table cloth if you decide this tradition is one that works well for you and your family.