**There may be affiliate links in this post.
I first tried Polenta Bolognese at the Seven Seas Food Festival a few years ago. Of all the things I sampled, that dish was my absolute favorite. I tried recreating it once but it ended with me ordering pizza to feed my family. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to try again and it was a complete success!
- 1 package polenta, sliced in 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 2-3 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped (or 2 tsp minced garlic)
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 regular carrot, chopped
- 1 pound hamburger meat
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan or Romano cheese, optional
- Chop onion, garlic, celery and carrot.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet until hot.
- Throw onion and garlic in and cook about 8 minutes. Stir every once in awhile.
- Add celery and carrot and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Put the hamburger meat in the skillet with your vegetables and cook until done.
- Drain off some of the liquid.
- Mix in crushed tomatoes, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- While your bolognese is simmering, preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Place the polenta rounds on a silicone mat lined baking sheet, spray with cooking spray.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Plate your crispy polenta and top with your bolognese and cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!!
I know it looks like a lot of work but I promise it’s not too bad and totally worth it! You could even pre-make the polenta (but cover it and put it in the fridge rather than the freezer) to make it a little easier.
Have you ever had Polenta Bolognese?
Kim Delatorre says
Oh, that looks so delicious! I love your pictures, they make me SO hungry. I have never tried this before, but I just might make this on the weekend! YUM.
Kay Z says
I might have to try polenta again…
Looks so delicious! I am going to try this recipe
This is so perfect for a fall or winter weeknight meal!