This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
When I was a kid, my family would have Christmas in San Antonio with my dad’s parents and then we’d go to Arlington to have Christmas with my mom’s folks. One year my uncle tucked three large wrapped gifts gently behind the tree. After dinner my parents, grandparents and aunt simultaneously unwrapped mirrors etched with ‘Welcome to the Home of the FAMILY’ – they were stunning! Since then, the mirror has been hanging in my parent’s house. I used that decoration as inspiration to create this DIY Family Established Sign.
DIY Family Established Sign –
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cricut Iron-On Vinyl
- Cricut Weeding Tools
- Cricut Transfer Tape
- Vintage Window
- Buy a mirror or vintage window in whatever size fits the space you want to fill.
- Using the Cricut Design Space, create “The —- Family, Est. YEAR.”
- Cut the text on the vinyl color of your choice and weed.
- Place Cricut Transfer Tape over the words and peel the backing off the vinyl.
- Lay the tape where you’d like it on the mirror or window and gently peel the transfer tape off.
- Hang or gift and enjoy!
Sensible Tip: If you mirror your text to cut it, you can apply it to the back of the glass. When you hang it on the wall, you won’t have to worry about cleaning over the vinyl.
I added the names of my family members to my DIY Family Established Sign but that’s not necessary. You could add a vinyl image or leave it with just “The — Family” – the sign is completely customizable to your likes!
Of course, a DIY Family Established Sign would make a unique wedding gift or beautiful Christmas gift to just about anyone. It’s a gift to be treasured for years to come!