When I was in high school, one skillet nachos was a meal we had often. With only three primary ingredients and only 30 minutes, it was a dish my sister & I didn’t mind preparing and loved eating! These nachos didn’t have a name so I’m calling them One Skillet Macho Nachos, thanks to my mom & sister.
One Skillet Macho Nachos Made with Beef and Refried Beans –
- 1 pound Hamburger Meat, browned and drained
- 1 can Refried Beans, your favorite variety
- 1/2 packet Taco Seasoning
- Optional: Shredded Cheese, Pico de Gallo, Sour Cream
- Brown and drain the hamburger meat.
- Add 1/2 a packet (or more, whatever you like!) of taco seasoning and water as directed on the package.
- Once the liquid has cooked off, add the refried beans to the skillet.
- Mix everything together until combined.
- When the refried beans are heated through, dinner is ready.
- Optional: top with shredded cheese, sour cream and/or pico de gallo.
- Serve and enjoy!
I haven’t thought about these nachos for years – I’d completely forgotten this recipe was in the depths of my brain but I’m so glad it resurfaced! When I whipped them up last week, James even asked, “WHHHHHY haven’t you ever made these before?!”
I think this recipe is a fit for most families – even for kids who don’t like beans. From a girl who doesn’t like beans, these nachos are AMAZING! And leftovers are even better because the spices meld into the beef & beans.