**Full Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SchoolFuel #CollectiveBias
Typically I am not very successful with meal prep. I can make a mean meal plan but when I get home from the grocery store, the last thing I want to do is prepare everything to simplify that weeks’ dinners. However, for the few weeks before and after school starts, I find meal prep essential to survival! If everything is in a usable state when it’s time to start dinner, I can get my starving kids fed in 30 minutes or less (and before meltdowns occur!). Chicken Bacon and Avocado Ranch Salad is one of my go-to recipes because it’s full of protein and is easy to throw together.
Everything needed for this recipe is available at H-E-B, including Wright Brand® Bacon and Tyson® Better for You Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips. Search for the Wright Brand® Bacon digital coupon on the heb.com website!
Look for the on pack stickers on your Wright Brand®, State Fair® and Tyson® back-to-school products and enter to WIN 1 of 20 H-E-B $100 Gift Cards.
The list of ingredients looks long but Chicken Bacon and Avocado Ranch Salad is an easy recipe, especially if you’ve meal prepped the majority of the contents. I even go so far as to make the bacon beforehand.
Chicken Bacon and Avocado Ranch Salad Recipe:
- Greens (Romaine Hearts, Spinach, Kale, etc.)
- Grilled Corn, off the cob
- Wright Brand® Bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
- Tyson® Better for You Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips, cooked and cut into pieces
- Avocado Ranch dressing
- Optional: Walnuts, Croutons and Craisins
- Prepare everything except the chicken a few days before you plan on serving this salad.
- Bake the Tyson® Better for You Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips as directed and cut the strips into pieces.
- Throw everything in a bowl.
- Drizzle with Avocado Ranch dressing (recipe below!) and toss together.
- Serve and enjoy!
You have to print the recipe for this Avocado Ranch dressing because it’s scrumptious!
Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1 small Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 large avocados
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 small lime
- Buttermilk 1 cup, more or less, for thinning
Toss all ingredients in a blender or food processor. (Start with about 1/2 cup of buttermilk, though!)
Blend until smooth.
Store in an air-tight container.
Serve and enjoy!
Having this salad on the table in under 30 minutes makes me wish I could talk myself into meal prepping all year long but I know that’s not going to happen!
When meal prep doesn’t happen, it’s good to have State Fair® Corn Dogs on hand! They are kid loved, 100% beef, protein-packed and portable.
What more could they ask for! Maybe a great dipping sauce, right? We make BBQ Mustard Dipping Sauce every time we make corn dogs.
Simpy mix 1/4 cup BBQ sauce with 2 TSBP mustard, serve and dip!
State Fair® Corn Dogs can be found at H-E-B. Look for the yellow coupon in-store and/or an on-package coupon!
What quick, easy & healthy meals does your family enjoy?