Two of the ladies in my Sunday School class had their babies over the weekend. I signed up to bring a meal to both (and their families) … but I had no idea what to make.
My mom has AMAZING spaghetti and meatballs, but I can’t ever duplicate her recipe. And while that would be perfect for what I needed, I decided I would try to create something.
What you need:
- 1 pound Hamburger Meat
- 16 oz Spaghetti Noodles (I don’t typically use an entire package – I use a little more than half.)
- 1 jar spaghetti saucs (I use Prego)
- 1 package Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese
- Put your hamburger, salt and pepper in your skillet.
- Brown and drain.
- While you are browning the hamburger, cook your spaghetti noodles as directed and drain. (I broke my noodles in half, because that’s what I do.)
- In your baking dish, put half of your cooked noodles, half a jar of Ragu, half of the mozzarella, and all of your hamburger meat. Mix together.
- Add the rest of your noodles and sauce. Mix again.
- Top with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake at 350* until the cheese starts bubbling (15-20 minutes).
Serve with whatever veggies you want! (We like green beans, but I’ll be sending a salad to my new momma friends!)
I used my Kenmore bread maker to make a loaf of French Bread (with Italian Spices in the mix) to go with the casserole.
**Full Disclosure: This is just me sharing my created recipe with you – I am sure it’s been made before, but I didn’t look for a recipe. I was not compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.