When I was a kid, my mom made the most beautiful No Sew Fabric Pine Cone Ornaments. She wrapped them up and gave them as gifts for the holiday season. They are stunning ornaments and you’ll impress even the toughest critic with this simple gift. Either way, this is a craft you’ll want to try!
**Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
No Sew DIY Fabric Pine Cone Ornaments –
1. Cut the ribbon into 2” long pieces.
2. With the back of the ribbon facing up, fold the two bottom corners up to the middle of the top edge of the ribbon creating a triangle shape. (Optional: you could iron the pieces so they keep their shape but it’s not necessary with some kinds of ribbon.)
3. Cover the egg at the small end by pinning a 2” flat piece to cover the entire end.
4. Using four triangles, you’ll cover the flat piece by pinning a triangle so the point of the triangle touches the bottom point of the egg. And then pin one directly across from it and then one on side.
5. Continue pinning triangles up to the top of the egg by pinning in a circular manner up the egg. (The points should line up at evenly from the bottom to the top.)
6. Finish it off with a square piece of ribbon without raw edges. You may need to pin in a small fold to make the ribbon lay flat on the curved top.
7. To make the ornament, create a loop out of ribbon and use a long hat pin to hold it in place.
8. Wrap and gift!
I think it would be so fun to make a few for my neighbors and hang them on their front doors as a surprise! What would you do with these fabric pinecones?
Have you made fabric pine cone ornaments?
Need an Ugly Christmas Sweater for a party? Check this one out!