My husband is the world’s biggest Mountain Dew fan. So, when I found this recipe for Mountain Dew Cupcakes (original recipe at Nothing But Country) I knew I had to make them! They were delicious! But I wanted to put my own spin on them, though, so when my husband asked if I’d make Mountain Dew Cupcakes for the up-coming office Easter party, I threw these together. Now I make Mountain Dew Cupcakes each year for my husband’s birthday and occasionally as requested.
Mountain Dew Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 4 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 TBSP and ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 small pkg Lemon Pudding
- ½ small pkg Lime Jell-O I eyeball the ½ - it doesn't have to be perfect
- 1 cup Mountain Dew
Preheat the oven to 350* F and line your cupcake pan with paper liners.
Using your mixer, cream together the sugar, butter and eggs.
Stir in vanilla.
Mix in flour and baking powder until well-blended.
Mix in pudding and Jell-O.
SLOWLY mix in the Mountain Dew.
When everything is smooth and well-blended, scoop into your cupcake liners.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Mountain Dew Frosting:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 lemon’s worth of fresh squeezed juice
- 1 lime’s worth of fresh squeezed juice
- a bit of milk, if needed for thinning
- Green food coloring, optional
- Sprinkles and/or lemon zest, optional
If you make ’em, let me know how you liked them!