This week Melinda, Paula and I decided to use two of the same ingredients to see what we (and our kids) came up with. The challenge: chicken and rice. I already had a box of long grain and wild rice and veggies, so all I needed to pick up was the chicken.
Usually Colin and I shop while James is at school but this week I made time to shop over the weekend. James went with me and Colin stayed home with Dad. We had our weekly meal plan & ingredients list so we were in and out!
James wasn’t in the mood to help make dinner but Colin was, so we washed our hands and got to work.
I trimmed the “yuck” off the chicken breast and placed it in the skillet. Colin added the Mrs. Dash, salt and pepper.
Colin poured the peas in the pot. I helped him salt & pepper them.
I made the long grain and wild rice because it was on the back burner and Colin couldn’t reach it.
Dinner was DELICIOUS and the boys ate almost everything I put on their plates!
What’s your favorite chicken & rice dish?
Share photos, stories or recipes that include your #kidsinthekitchen. I would love for you to join me and my co-hosts, Paula at Frosted Fingers and Melinda at LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too, each week linking up a post, new or old, that feature the theme Kids in the Kitchen. It doesn’t matter what you are doing as long as you are doing it together and enjoying it and learning something.
- preparing healthy snacks
- having a tea party
- counting skills with m&ms
- pouring from measuring cups
- discovering a local restaurant that your kids love
- creating new family friendly recipes
Don’t have a blog, then share a photo you uploaded to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Share whatever you have, we want to see it.
1. Link up only your kid friendly recipes, stories, pictures or cooking lessons here. (No Etsy stores or giveaways please).
2. Link directly to a specific post, update or tweet – not your homepage.
3. Please add a Kids in the Kitchen button or link on your site or blog post or share through social media so readers know you are participating.
4. Click through and comment, pin, like, tweet or share with other participants. We love to share inspiration and ideas with each other, don’t link and run.
I can’t wait to see all of the fun food themed ideas, excursions and photos you have to share.
Link up below!