Our San Diego experience was great! Everything we did was very family-friendly. If I could make it work with our schedules, we’d visit again this fall because Kids Free San Diego happens from October 1-31, 2016 and there are over 100 free offers to take advantage of!
Though we’ve only been to San Diego as a family once, I think I know which activities would be our favorites based on our personalities.
My Top 10 Suggestions:
- San Diego Zoo
- Get there about 30 minutes before they open and head straight to the Panda Bears!
- After Panda Canyon, head to the top of the map (Northern Frontier, etc) and take the Skyfari down to the bottom of the map (Centennial Plaza).
- Lines at the Skyfari get LONG so take it early!
- Take time for the Guided Bus Tour and make sure you sit on the top deck. This is not an on/off bus.
- Guided Tour Bus runs from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. – save this for the end of the day. The bus loads and unloads near the exit.
- The zoo’s hills are steep and by the end of the day you’ll be exhausted. If you have small kids, take or rent a stroller.
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Cabrillo National Monument
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- Veteran’s Museum & Memorial Center
- San Diego Symphony
- Oceanside Adventures Luxury Cruises
- Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
- Japanese Friendship Garden of San Diego
- San Diego Photography Tours
- BONUS: Old Town Trolley Tours of San Diego Inc
Combine Kids Free San Diego with an average temperature of only 75 degrees, it’s the perfect time to visit!