This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #WrightCowboyRubBacon
Having grown up in South Texas, I’ve been spoiled by H-E-B stores. They offer a great selection of products and have the friendliest employees! I often find myself wandering around the store just to see what’s new. I recently found Wright® Brand Bacon Cowboy Rub and couldn’t wait to give it a try! Because my husband likes spicy foods, I decided to try my hand at Bacon-Wrapped Texas Armadillo Eggs.
Bacon-Wrapped Texas Armadillo Eggs –
- Wright® Brand Bacon Cowboy Rub (Limited Edition)
- 10 jalapenos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 3/4 cup sausage crumbles, cooked & drained
- After you wash the jalapenos, cut the tops off and then cut the jalapeno in half and de-seed them. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, cheddar and sausage crumbles until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a spoon, fill the inside of the jalapenos with cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap one strip of Wright® Brand Bacon Cowboy Rub (Limited Edition) around each stuffed jalapeno.
- Place the uncooked jalapenos on a silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!
NOTE: Bacon-Wrapped Texas Armadillo Eggs can be grilled, too. Follow the directions to prepare them and then put them on the medium heat section of your grill until the bacon is cooked as desired.
Good googly-moogly! I made 20 of these armadillo eggs and my husband couldn’t wait for me to finish photographing them so he could dig in! Even my oldest son thought they were delicious but a little on the spicy side (since I wasn’t too careful to remove the seeds).
Wright® Brand Bacon Cowboy Rub (Limited Edition) is available at an H-E-B near you! The thick-cut, wood smoked bacon comes in one size package and has a blend of smoke & spices that gives the perfect sweet-savory balance with a kick.
SAVE with this Ibotta offer: $1.50 off one Wright® Brand Bacon (live 9/18-10/13), while supplies last.
So is this for breakfast, dinner, or both? 🙂 YUM!!!!
Sara Phillips says
Any meal of the day, of course!