So, I voluntarily signed up for the Stonewall Kitchen Mustard Recipe Contest … and now I am thinking I was CRAZY to have done so. You see, the challenge was to create a recipe using Stonewall Kitchen Mustard … ALONE! No help, no recipe card … just me, my groceries and the mustard.
I can create recipes on my own but they usually don’t turn out. As you may have heard me say, I don’t measure when I am “creating” … so IF something turns out, I don’t know how to recreate it!
After sitting down and putting some thought into what to make, I decided that I needed to do something with chicken and my slow cooker. Great. But, what’s next?
My ingredients list:
- 4 TBSP Bourbon Molasses Mustard, my choice from Stonewall Kitchen
- 1 lb. Chicken – cut into strips
- 6 TBSP cream cheese
- 3/4 Cup Coca-Cola
What I did:
- I threw everything into my slow cooker, closed the lid, said a prayer and turned it on. (I really thought it would turn out great!)
- I made some noodles and green beans to go with the chicken (which still hasn’t been “named”).
- James: “DISGUSTING!” (I really thought he was going to throw it up as he tried to force himself to swallow it.)
- Colin: “Yum, can I have more noodles – no chicken!”
- Larry: “It’s not SO bad … it tastes like burnt caramel popcorn. We can still eat it.”
- ME: I thought it was HORRIBLE! I wanted to spit out the bite and brush my teeth to get the flavor out of my mouth.
Have you ever messed up a meal so bad that you couldn’t salvage it?
What would you have created with the Bourbon Molasses Mustard?
**Full Disclosure: I received product for review purposes and to create my own recipe. I did not receive monetary compensation for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.