I’ve seen a crepe cakes all over my social accounts for the last couple of years and have wanted one for my birthday the last two years. That hasn’t happened, though, because I don’t want to make my own birthday cake and, as far as I know, you can’t purchase a crepe cake locally.
But when I attended the IKEA Live Oak media preview, I had a light bulb moment! I’d buy a bag of IKEA pancakes (PANNKAKOR) for $5.99 and make my version of a crepe cake.
How to Make a Crepe Cake –
- 1 package IKEA pancakes – PANNKAKOR
- 1 package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Optional: strawberries, chopped
- Heat IKEA pancakes as directed on the package.
- Chop strawberries while the pancakes are heating.
- When they have slightly cooled, unfold the pancakes and lay them flat but not directly on top of one another.
- The pancakes should be mostly cool before you start to assemble the cake.
- On a cake plate, spread a small amount of whipped topping.
- Place one pancake in the center of the plate on the whipped topping.
- Spread a decent amount of whipped topping on the pancake then sprinkle desired amount of strawberries on the whipped layer.
- Lay another pancake on the strawberries and gently press it so it’s generally flat.
- Continue to layer the cake until you run out of pancakes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This cake was exactly what I was hoping it would be! Sweet but not TOO sweet and so much fun to eat. Change out the strawberries for some other fruit or a chopped candy of your choice. It’s simply delicious!