From what I hear Chicken and Waffles is a Southern thing. I’ve never seen it on any menu in Texas, though, and I wanted to try it! Because the Big Game was fast approaching, I thought ‘why not make these bite-sized appetizers’ as part of our game day food table.
Easy Chicken and Waffles Recipe
- 1 box Mini Waffles thawed
- 24 Chick-fil-A Nuggets
- Maple Dijon Dipping Sauce optional
Pre-heat your oven to 400°
On a large cookie sheet, place 4-6 sets of waffles (thawed) and 8-12 Chick-fil-A nuggets (if cold).
Bake for 5-7 minutes.
Cut the mini waffles apart.
Stack a mini waffle, chicken nugget and another mini waffle together.
Put a toothpick through the middle.
Serve and ENJOY!
These little appetizers were just delicious and OH BOY were they a huge hit!!
I made 24 mini Chicken and Waffles and they were all gone in record time. (As you can see below, a few were taken before I had time to get my camera out!)
I’ll definitely be making these again and again! And I think maybe I’ll even serve these mini Chicken and Waffles for dinner with a nice salad.
Would you make mini Chicken and Waffles?
A few more appetizer ideas:
- Hawaiian Meatball Appetizers
- Spaghetti & Meatball Kabobs
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Lettuce Wraps (That Chic Mom)
- Salsa Steak (The Nerd’s Wife)
- Taco Cups (Frosted Fingers)
- Hummus Stuffed Mini Peppers (Frosted Fingers)
- Easy Texas Caviar (Really, Are You Serious)
- Homemade Kettle Corn (Really, Are You Serious)
- Yogurt Caramel Dip (Handful of Joy)