When my boys are invited to birthday parties, I always ask the mom what the kid is most interested in. A few years ago, my boys were attending a party for a child who liked “LEGO, laughing at farts, cars, Power Rangers and karate.” As soon as I heard LEGO, I knew what I wanted my boys to gift – a DIY LEGO Table!
There were only a few weeks until the party so I immediately told my husband what I had planned. He took my idea and made it a better reality than I’d hoped for!
**Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
How to make a DIY LEGO Table –
What You’ll Need:
- 1 piece – 3/4″ 2 foot x 2 foot sanded Plywood
- 4 pieces – 1 1/2″ PVC pipe (1 to 1 1/2 feet each)
- 4 – 1 1/2″ Non-Metallic Terminal Adapter (Female)
- 4 – 1 1/2″ Non-Metallic Terminal Adapter (Male)
- 1 – large LEGO Building Plate*
- Optional: 4 small plastic snack bowls
- Gather all your supplies.
- Measure and mark where you’d like the holes for the legs to go.
- Round the corners of the plywood by rough-cutting with something like a jigsaw and then sand to smooth and shape the corners.
- Cut the four holes using a doorknob cutter or a hole drill bit a little smaller than necessary. Hand sand to smooth them out and get them to the correct size. **NOTE: This is probably the most difficult part because if the hole is too big or un-round, the table legs won’t fit and the table will fall apart.
- Optional – add four holes for the snack cups (to hold the LEGO parts).
- Thoroughly sand the tabletop and edges.
- Remove all dust particles and glue the LEGO building plate in the center of the table.
- To assemble the legs, screw the adapters together.
- Then push the adapters into the holes and then put the PVC pipe into them.
- That’s it – enjoy!
When the DIY LEGO Table was complete, I’d wished my husband had made two! It was such a cool little table and it was the perfect height for the kids to use as a LEGO lap table. To gift the table, I simply placed a bow & a card in the middle. It was very well received and the birthday boy used it for several years!