With COVID-19 still wreaking havoc all over the place, Halloween parties are pretty much out of the question. That said, I wanted to make something fun for my boys’ lunches leading up to Halloween which lead me to this Chocolate Marshmallow Green Goo Rat Dessert! I know they are a little creepy with the red eyes but they are also so cute, easy to make and quite tasty. I was inspired by the Chocolate Covered Hearts I made for Valentine’s Day several years ago.
**Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
Chocolate Marshmallow Green Goo Rat Dessert –
- White Chocolate Melts
- Black Chocolate Melts
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Red Sprinkles
- Silicone Rat Mold
- Mix chocolate melts to the grey color you desire.
- Add a few drops of green gel food coloring the the marshmallow fluff and mix until incorporated.
- Place red sprinkles in the eye spots of the rat mold. (Alternatively, you could place the red eyes on after step #9 or leave them off completely.)
- Pour the melted chocolate over the tray and fill all the compartments.
- Dump the tray over the chocolate bowl and shake it out, leaving just thin layer of chocolate in the rat.
- Place the tray in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened.
- Fill each rat with the green marshmallow fluff and freeze again for about 15 minutes.
- Spread the chocolate melts over the tops of the rats and re-freeze.
- Pop the chocolate marshmallow green goo rats out of the tray.
- Serve and enjoy!
Will you make this rat dessert for your family and/or friends this Halloween season? I think they’ll get a kick out of ’em! And, when we can have parties again, they’ll be perfect on any Halloween dessert table.