I’ve set several goals for the year which include continuing to get myself to Camp Gladiator, eating healthier foods and making fewer excuses. This Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaf is one of the recipes I’ll keep in my meal rotation. The low carb sheet pan meal is simple and delicious. I don’t know about you, but I can’t ask for much more out of dinner!
Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaf – Low Carb Sheet Pan Meal
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
● 2 lbs. Lean ground beef
● 12 Slices bacon
● 1 c. Chopped onions
● 1 c. Chopped green peppers
● ½ tsp Garlic powder
● 1 tsp Onion powder
● 1 tsp Basil
● 3 tbsp Sugar-free ketchup
● 1 Egg
● 1 c. Crushed pork rind crumbs
● 1 lb. Green beans with the ends snapped off
● 5 Turnips cut into small wedges
● 2 tbsp Olive oil
● Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the green beans and turnips. Toss with 2 tbsp of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, salt and pepper, egg, crushed pork rind crumbs, onions, peppers, garlic powder, onion powder, basil and sugar-free ketchup. Mix with your hands until well combined.
4. Place the vegetables on a large sheet pan in a single layer. Leave room in the middle of the tray for the meat.
5. Form the meat mixture into 6 small loaves.
6. Wrap each mini loaf with two slices of bacon.
7. Place the mini meatloaves in the center of the baking sheet.
8. Bake for 40 minutes until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
9. Serve and enjoy!