**Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a teeny-tiny percentage at no cost to you.
Unicorns and rainbows are incredibly popular and everywhere right now! What’s a better way to enjoy the trend than with Unicorn Cinnamon Rolls, right?
How to make Unicorn Cinnamon Rolls –
- 1 box Funfetti Cake Mix
- 2 pkg. active dry yeast
- 2½ cups warm water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5 cups bread flour
- Pink, purple and orange gel food dye
Cinnamon Roll Filling:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese frosting:
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-6 Tablespoons milk
- Add the warm (almost hot) water to a large mixing bowl and stir in the yeast. Let set for 5 minutes until frothy.
- Add the cake mix, salt, vanilla and bread flour and knead for 2 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for at least an hour.
- Punch the dough down and divide into 3 parts.
- Dye one third of the dough purple, one third pink and the last third orange.
- Place back in the bowl and let rise a second time, approximately an hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the filling ingredients and set aside.
- Grease and flour two 9 x 13 casserole pans and set aside.
- Flour a large surface (like your counter or a cutting board) and roll out to the dough to 1/2″ thickness in a rectangle.
- Spread the filling all over the dough and then roll from one long side to the other.
- Mark 2″ indentations on the cinnamon roll “log” and then cut.
- Place the cut cinnamon rolls in the greased casserole dishes and let rise one final time, approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and then bake each casserole tray for 15-20 minutes.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare the frosting by combining the butter, cream cheese, vanilla and 3 cups of the powdered sugar.
- Add in a couple tablespoons of milk and then adjust as needed with either more milk or sugar.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting on the unicorn cinnamon rolls while they are still warm and add copious amounts of unicorn-inspired sprinkles.
Will you make Unicorn Cinnamon Rolls?!