I’ve seen these cute little egg nests all over Pinterest but it seems like they are always made with chocolate or peanut butter. I wanted to change it up a bit and make Carrot Cake Egg Nests with white chocolate so they looked a little more like Spring!
Because I am trying not to give in to my sweet tooth as often as I’d like, my husband tasted the egg nests and said they were really good! He took the rest of the bag to work with him. Before lunch he’d texted to get the recipe but I was mean and said his co-workers had to wait. But wait no more!
- 12 ounce package White Chocolate Chips
- 12 ounces Chow Mein Noodles
- Carrot Cake M&M's
- Place a large piece of waxed paper on your table.
- Using 50% power, heat the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments.
- Stir after each heating.
- When the white chocolate is smooth and runny, add in the chow mein noodles.
- Fold the noodles into the chocolate until they are well-coated. (Careful not to break the noodles!)
- Spoon the mixture into 'drops' on the waxed paper.
- Add the M&M's while the chocolate is still soft.
- Let cool.
- Serve and Enjoy!
I halved the recipe so I didn’t make too many Carrot Cake Egg Nests. About 5 minutes after I started, I had about a dozen Carrot Cake Egg Nests.
These cute little egg nests would make a great just because it’s Spring dessert, Easter dessert or bird-themed party treat!
What’s your go-to Easter dessert?