This week we’ll start with breakfast! Last week I found this recipe and knew I had to play with it! I made it for my Sunday School class last week and it was delicious! I decided we were going to have it for dinner Monday night!
Colin helped me chop the green onions and dice (after I cut them into strips) the green & red bell peppers!
I really need to get kid-friendly knives!
Definitely don’t be afraid to put your kids to work in the kitchen!!
- 3 stalks - Green Onion
- 1/4 - Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 - Green Bell Pepper
- 3-4 TBSP - Feta Cheese
- 8oz - Cottage Cheese
- 4-5 strips - Bacon
- 8 - Eggs
- Pepper & Seasoned Salt to taste.
- Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and cook.
- While the bacon is cooking, thinly slice green onion. Sprinkle in the bottom of a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Thinly slice and dice red & green bell peppers. Sprinkle on top of the green onion.
- Rinse the cottage cheese so that it looks mostly dry. Add to your baking dish.
- Scatter the feta cheese on top of your other ingredients.
- After you bacon is cooked & drained, put it in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, scramble 8 eggs, pepper and seasoned salt. Pour into the baking dish.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
I don't measure much. You can add more or less of anything you want!
Also, you could make any different kind of Baked Omelette. Try it with turkey bacon, sausage and/or ham. Maybe try different veggies, as well. Also, if you don't have feta cheese, you could substitute Parmesan.