**Full Disclosure: This blog post was sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN® but the opinions are all my own.
To me, football season is more about the food and friendship than the actual game. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy watching the game, too, but it’s more of side note than the main event. Every game day gathering needs deliciously amazing food which is why Sausage Skewer Bites with KING’S HAWAIIAN® are the perfect addition to any event.
All necessary supplies for game day, including Sausage Skewer Bites, can be purchased at HEB. They carry KING’S HAWAIIAN® Original Sweet Dinner Rolls, hamburger and hot dog buns as well as 4 different BBQ sauces. For this recipe, I used the original sweet rolls and Smoked Bacon BBQ sauce.
Sausage Skewer Bites are ridiculously easy to make and can be whipped up in your kitchen or on a grill! To grill the skewers, put the bell peppers, sausage and pineapple on an actual metal or wooden skewer (not a toothpick) and cook until done. Add the roll pieces and BBQ sauce after they are removed from the fire.
- 1 link of sausage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Sweet Dinner Rolls
- 1 bottle KING'S HAWAIIAN® BBQ Sauce
- Cut bell peppers into bite sized pieces.
- Slice sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Cut fresh pineapple into chunks.
- In a skillet, cook bell peppers and sausage for 10-15 minutes.
- While that's cooking, quarter the KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Sweet Dinner Rolls.
- On a toothpick, layer the ingredients: top of KING'S HAWAIIAN® roll, red pepper, sausage, pineapple, green pepper, bottom of KING'S HAWAIIAN® roll.
- Repeat until complete.
- Serve and enjoy!
KING’S HAWAIIAN® BBQ sauce can be drizzled over the skewer, cooked with the sausage or added under the bun – the choice is yours!
It doesn’t matter what you make for game day but the recipes will be elevated quite a but when using KING’S HAWAIIAN® products from HEB.
What are your favorite KING’S HAWAIIAN® game time recipes?