During the week nights, our typical routine starts with the kids coming home from school, getting home work done, and some down time for the kids while I prep dinner. After that, it’s bed time routines and a good night’s sleep for everyone. Between that, I need to find time to throw together a hearty dinner for our family of four. I enjoy making one pot casseroles that take an hour or less and make clean-up easy!
To make this dish, you’ll need to cook 3 cups of your favorite pasta. You can use any shape you like but our kids love the Penne pasta with the little ridges.
While I love the taste of a homemade marinara sauce, there’s a shortcut that makes dinner quick, easy and just as delicious. We used HUNT’s traditional pasta sauce to make it chunky.
This casserole is great for kids of all ages thanks to the bite-sized chicken breast chunks. They’re quick to cook and easy to serve!
I don’t know about you but for me, chicken parmigiana must be breaded. To save time and add a kick of flavor, we add a mixture of Italian panko crumbs and KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese. Together, they add a delicious and crunchy topping.
Finally, I finished off this casserole with a delicious helping of KRAFT shredded Mozzarella cheese that makes this whole chicken Parmigiana casserole come together.
- 3 cups uncooked Penne pasta
- 24 ounces HUNT’S traditional pasta sauce
- 28 ounces HUNT’S Diced Tomatoes, strained
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned panko crumbs
- ¼ cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup KRAFT shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large pot of water, boil uncooked pasta until fork tender, 11 – 13 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 3 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and add the pasta to the bottom.
- Add pasta sauce and tomatoes to pasta, stir.
- Spread chicken chunks in an even layer over the pasta.
- In a small bowl, mix panko crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Spread in an even layer over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Spread mozzarella cheese over casserole and continue baking 10-20 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and cheese is melted.