Since James started school (from Kindergarten until now), I have been less than impressed with what the school district offers for “lunches.” One of his favorites is graham crackers and yogurt – FOR LUNCH (tell me how that’s balanced, but that’s a story for another day). I’ve asked James – over and over – to pick another option, but when he has that choice he takes it.
Needless to day, I send lunch more than he buys it these days. However, I feel like the benefit to sending outweighs the buying. It’s not that much cheaper, but it IS much healthier! School lunches cost $1.90 per day. To send a turkey & cheese wrap, fruit and a drink, I spend about $2.
Rubbermaid is always creating things to help this momma out! The Rubbermaid LunchBlox Sandwich Kit is no different! While we have used the LunchBlox at home a few times, I am anxious to find out if the parts will come home from school on a daily basis!
- I love that the ice pack doesn’t make anything mushy, but it still keeps the food cold.
- I love that all of the containers connect together. That being said, when I got the LunchBlox, everything was snug and secure. I took it apart to wash them and now they don’t want to stay connected anymore.
- It’s very easy to wash – throw all the parts in the dishwasher!
- The sizes are perfect for portion control!
- The biggest complaint I have is that homemade (or any large) cookies don’t fit in the containers – unless you break them.
About Rubbermaid LunchBlox:
- Includes a specially designed Blue Ice™ pack that keeps lunches chilled on the go.
- Saves space and stays organized in your lunch bag.
- Containers are perfectly portioned for lunch foods commonly carried away from home.
- Containers are microwave-, dishwasher-, and freezer-safe.
- Containers are BPA-free.
- The Sandwich Kit includes a sandwich container sized for regular and specialty breads, two snack containers (perfect for yogurt or nuts) and a snack container (perfect for fruits, vegetables and chips)
- Individual containers are sold separately from kits so you can configure a different way everyday.
The LunchBlox Sandwich Kit is currently available for purchase at Rubbermaid.com, Target, Kmart, Kroger, Safeway, Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie, HEB, other grocery stores and select Wal-Mart stores.
The suggested retail price is $12.99, but I’ve seen them for about $10 at the Target that I frequent!
**Full Disclosure: I received the Lunchblox from Rubbermaid to facilitate my review. No other compensation was exchanged. All thoughts and opinions are my own.