My husband and I attend a number of events each year where we are asked to bring a ‘heavy appetizer’ to share. I struggle with that, though, because I overthink it. “How heavy is TOO heavy?” or “Is this just an entrée?” But, y’all, I’ve found something that I think fits the heavy appetizer requirement without being too much. Loaded Mashed Potato Biscuits made with Simply Potatoes®.
Okay, okay, so they aren’t really biscuits. They are faux biscuits. But they have all the components of a good appetizer! And, I’m pretty sure are gluten free, too. (Please double check that if you have a gluten allergy.)
Loaded Mashed Potato Biscuits Recipe –
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Mashed Potatoes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 fistful shredded cheese (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 5 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 TBSP green onions, chopped
- Pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix Simply Mashed Potatoes, eggs, cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Optional: add pepper.
- Generously grease a cupcake pan and fill each cup with a heaping spoonful.
- Sprinkle a little extra cheese on each ‘biscuit’.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes and serve warm with or without sour cream.
About Simply Potatoes –
Simply Potatoes are simply made with always fresh, never frozen potatoes that go from farm, to fridge, to fork. Simply Potatoes products are:
- Made with real ingredients
- Easy to prepare
- Involves less prep time than cooking with whole potatoes
- Simply Made. Simply Satisfying.
- Easy to have on hand
- Require no peeling or shredding
- Versatile, delicious as is or in your favorite recipe
I had a difficult time getting the ‘biscuits’ out of my pan but it was worth it. Loaded Mashed Potato Biscuits are just so delicious and perfect for any occasion!