Mixing things up is key, though. If James and I do one thing, Colin and I do something different the next month just to keep them on their toes. Sometimes I let the boys pick the date and other times I’ll surprise them with an activity I know they’ll love!
5 Mother and Son Date Night Ideas:
- The Zoo. We have an annual zoo pass so going to the zoo doesn’t cost much money. I toss Goldfish crackers in my bag for snack and we go eat a late dinner when we leave the zoo.
- The Movie Theater. The boys and I love the dollar theater by our house and go as often as we can!
- Stargazing. A fun date night that starts with buying beverages (hot or cold, depending on the season) and ends with watching the stars while munching on Goldfish.
- Geocaching. We start early, while it’s still cool outside, and end at a lunch location. But because this is an active date snacks are a must!
- The Bookstore. Both of my boys are big readers so the bookstore is always a huge hit! We usually go for dessert before heading home.
Goldfish Crackers are our go-to date night snack because there are no artificial flavors or preservatives, they are always baked with real cheese and have 12 grams of whole grains per serving. They are a snack I feel good about feeding myself and my kids.