I love to bake but there are some desserts that I tend to shy away from because I am certain I’ll mess them up. Cheesecake is one of those desserts because they are supposed to be baked in a spring-form pan and I worry that the cheesecake will crack. However, I found a blender cheesecake recipe that can be baked in a pie dish and I decided I had to try it. Now, Caramel Cheesecake with a Brownie Crust is one of my favorite homemade desserts!
- 1 package brownie mix (or home-made)
- 1 - 12 oz. container cottage cheese
- 1 - 8 oz. pkg cream cheese (softened)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can Nestle La Lechera Dulce de Leche Caramel
- Cook brownie mix as directed.
- Spray a pie dish with PAM Cooking Spray.
- Crumble warm brownie and press into the pie dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a blender or food processor, add cottage cheese, softened cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Pour over the brownie crust.
- Bake 35-45 minutes (or until the center is set).
- Let it cool on a wire rack.
- Cover & refrigerate at least four hours.
- Gently 'frost' the top of the cheesecake with caramel.
- Serve and enjoy!
With Thanksgiving just a few weeks away, it’s time to start thinking about the meal plan. There are so many fun ways to bring variety to a meal but combining the flavors of fall in any dish is an easy way to make a simple yet impactful way. Cinnamon, caramel, apple, etc are great options, however, caramel is the one I go to most often. If I could, I’d eat the entire dish of the Caramel Cheesecake because it’s AH-MAZING!