**Full Disclosure: I receive perks as part of the San Antonio Zoo’s blogger ambassador program, Zoo Troop. In exchange, I post about my experiences. All opinions are my own.
I have been focusing my efforts with my kids on special experiences rather than stuff. The Beastly Breakfast at the San Antonio Zoo was everything I’d hoped it would be – chock-full of memory-making moments!
About Beastly Breakfast:
Dine alongside the gentle giants of the Savanna at this exclusive weekly breakfast. Our giraffes are the guests of honor at this deluxe all-you-care-to-eat meal, which includes eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, a yogurt bar, an assortment of pastries, and refreshments. Plus, you’ll get to meet the Animal Care Specialist who know the giraffes best, take photos, and have a private feeding opportunity.
The San Antonio Zoo has everything covered, including all the minor details like plates made of wood. Once you finish your breakfast at the Savannah exhibit, go over and feed the giraffes. A giraffe caretaker will give you three pieces of lettuce. The giraffes eat it rather quickly so have your camera ready!
Of course, the San Antonio Zoo has guidelines for their Beastly Breakfast. They are as follows:
Beastly Breakfast Guidelines –
- San Antonio Zoo admission required, but not included with the experience.
- Guests 15 years and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Check-in starts at 8:00 a.m. (at the front gate) and the experience starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Overall, the program lasts approximately 1.5 hours.
- Each paid person will receive three pieces of lettuce during giraffe feed.
- Refunds are not available for no-shows or without a minimum of one week notice.
- The San Antonio Zoo reserves the right to cancel or modify the experience due to inclement weather, animal health, and/or safety concerns. In the event of cancellation, efforts will be made to reschedule you on a future date.
- Program is subject to change and/or cancellation due to animal availability.
- No service animals are permitted at the giraffe feeding experience.
Dine with Giraffes like we did or you can Dine with a Hippo! Beastly Breakfast is an awesome experience – one you won’t want to miss! Purchase Beastly Breakfast reservations. Beastly Breakfast prices: Adults (13+) $24.99 | Children (3-11) $19.99 | Children 2 and under are free
Remember, your Beastly Breakfast reservation doesn’t come with zoo admission. Get a Fun Day ticket here for $19.99 which includes one-day admission, train ride, carousel ride and entry into Butterfly House. Bug Mania is included with the price of admission: Adults (13+) $15.99 | Children (3-11) $12.99 | Children 2 and under are free.
Doesn’t the Beastly Breakfast at the San Antonio Zoo sound like fun?