**Full Disclosure: My family and I attended the grand opening of new exhibit, Caribbean Journey, at the Texas State Aquarium on behalf of the Corpus Christi CVB. All opinions are my own.
The drive from San Antonio to Corpus Christi is just over 2 hours which makes it a great place for day trips, weekend getaways or week-long vacations. My family and I recently took a weekend trip for the opening of the Caribbean Journey at the Texas State Aquarium. While we were there, we took advantage of several family-friendly activities in Corpus Christi – the Texas State Aquarium, Kohootz Dolphin Tours and the beach!
8 Family-Friendly Activities in Corpus Christi –
- The USS Lexington – It’s been probably 20 years since I’ve been on the USS Lexington but it’s a piece of American history. The CV-16 is a World War II-vintage Essex Class aircraft carrier and is open for tours. Admission ranges from $9.95 to $14.95.
- The Texas State Aquarium – Probably my favorite place to go when we visit Corpus Christi. I think their new exhibit makes the Aquarium even better! Touch tanks and other fun learning exhibits make this a family-friendly option. Admission ranges from $24.95 to $34.95.
- Kohootz Dolphin & Lighthouse Boat Tours – With several tours throughout the day, you can pick the time that works best for you and your family. Kohootz is a family-owned & operated business and is very kid-friendly. Note: Take your own snacks/drinks if you want them. Admission ranges from $8 to $30.
- The Beach – Some of the beaches in Corpus Christi are absolutely free. Pack your towels, sand toys, beach umbrella, chairs, picnic lunch and a good attitude so you can enjoy a day at the beach!
- Funtrackers Family Fun Center – Fun for the young and young at heart! There are go-karts, bumper boats, an arcade, mini golf and more! Cost per activity ranges and to play you purchase credits.
- Schlitterbahn Riverpark & Resort – A waterpark for the whole family, this Schlitterbahn location has the longest interconnected river system yet! Admission ranges from $27.99 to $67.99
- Corpus Christi Museum of Science & History – At 90,000 square feet, there is a lot to explore here! The museum will inspire curiosity in kids and adults alike. Admission ranges from $7.95 – $10.95.
- Red Dragon Pirate Cruises – Sail the waters of Aransas Bay while the pirate crew entertains you with activities that include sword fighting, music, and dancing. Great for kids of all ages! Admission ranges from $25 – $43.
I’m sure there are even more things to do in Corpus Christi than the eight I have listed here, so tell me:
What are your favorite family-friendly activities in Corpus Christi?