**Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a teeny-tiny percentage at no cost to you.
CARS has been one of my favorite Disney movies since the first was released in 2006. Each movie has had a fantastic story line with plenty of laughs (as well as a few tears!) and the images are always gorgeous. Needless to say, my family and I are beyond excited for CARS 3 to cruise into theaters on June 16th, 2017!
As part of a personal goal to flex my creative muscle a little more often, I thought it would be fun to make Lightning McQueen Lemonade as a way to celebrate the release of CARS 3!
I was incredibly pleased with how this 5 ingredient lemonade turned out! Even my kids liked it and they don’t care too much for lemonade. In under 10 minutes, Lightning McQueen Lemonade is ready to serve at any CARS-themed event or party. If you will be serving more than 4-5 people, I would double this recipe as it doesn’t make a ton.
- 3 Lemons
- 1 Mango
- 3 TBSP Strawberry Margarita Mix (there is no alcohol in this mix!)
- 1½ cups Simple Syrup
- 4 cups Water
- Ice, optional
- Make a simple syrup by heating sugar and water until the sugar has completely dissolved. Allow time to cool before using.
- Squeeze the juice from 3 lemons into a blender.
- Add diced mango, strawberry margarita mix and simple syrup to the blender.
- Blend until the mango is pulverized.
- Pour the mixture into a pitcher.
- Stir in 4 cups of water.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
2) If the lemonade sits for too long, it will separate. No need to fret, though! Just mix it together again when you are ready to drink it.
CARS 3 is directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2“) and produced by Kevin Reher (“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short). The newest CARS 3 characters look like they’ll be a fun addition to the series.