Good news, though! You don’t have to go anywhere to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Whip up some tacos with Old El Paso products, make a few DIY maracas and turn on some music!
I saw these at a class party several years ago and knew I had to share this cute DIY Maracas craft with you.
How to Make DIY Maracas –
- Plastic spoons
- Plastic Easter eggs
- Dry lentils, beans or noodles
- Masking or washi tape
- Fill the bottom of an Easter egg with dry lentils, beans or noodles.
- Close the egg.
- Put one spoon on each side of the closed egg.
- Wrap tape around the spoons and egg until secure.
- Wrap a small piece of tape around the bottom of the spoons to hold them together, too.
- Make some MUSIC!
Now that you have a fun instrument, it’s time to throw together some breakfast tacos in mini taco boats. With under 5 ingredients, breakfast tacos can be made rather quickly and are incredibly filling.
Breakfast Tacos in Mini Taco Boats –
- Old El Paso Mini Taco Boats
- Bacon, cooked
- Pico de Gallo
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheese, optional
- Cook the bacon how you like it and then crumble it.
- Scramble the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Cook until about halfway, add in the bacon and finish cooking the eggs.
- Put bacon & egg mixture in the Taco Boats.
- Top with cheese and pico de gallo.
- Serve and enjoy!
Get more Cinco de Mayo recipes!
I have absolutely no Mexican culture or heritage in my body but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! How do you observe the day?