**Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a teeny-tiny percentage at no cost to you.
While I was at Disney World, I saw gingerbread popcorn in several gift shops. It looked really good so I broke down and bought some. After tasting it, I knew I had to re-create it at home. I mean, who can resist Christmas flavored popcorn?!
- 1 bag Homestyle popcorn
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Wilton drizzle pouches, red and green
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Pop the popcorn and pour it into a large bowl.
- Prepare a large cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, molasses, ground ginger, cinnamon, ground cloves and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and keep it there for about 5 minutes, stir constantly.
- Remove the mixture from heat.
- Add the vanilla and baking soda. (The mixture will get very light and fluffy!)
- Immediately pour the sauce over the popcorn and toss well.
- Pour the popcorn on the cookie sheet and place in the oven for an hour.
- Every 15 minutes, toss the popcorn to prevent it from burning.
- Let cool for about an hour before drizzling the Wilton coating over the popcorn.
- Gently break the popcorn and store in an airtight container.
While my gingerbread popcorn re-creation was good, it definitely wasn’t Disney’s. My family thought the Gingerbread Popcorn recipe was absolutely delicious, though. I think it would make a great gift for teachers or friends, too.