**Full Disclosure: As a member of the Stream Team, I was provided a Netflix subscription and promotional items. All opinions are my own.
Meringue cookies are incredibly easy to make and can be manipulated into many different shapes and sizes. Because today is Halloween, I thought it would be fun to make Witch Hat Meringue Cookies and watch Halloween movies on Netflix!
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cream of tarter
- pinch of salt, optional
- green gel frosting
- chocolate cookies
- Preheat the oven to 215°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Whisk the egg whites in a stand mixer on medium low.
- Add in the cream of tartar, vanilla, and, optional, salt.
- Once frothy, increase speed to medium and slowly add the sugar a little at a time.
- Bump up the mixer speed to medium-high until firm peaks form.
- Add food coloring to the inside of the piping bag (or zippered bag!).
- Fill with meringue and pipe onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 60 to 90 minutes or until the outside is crisp and the inside is dry yet chewy. They should feel hollow and light..
- Allow the meringue to cool completely in the oven.
- Once the meringue has cooled, set one 'hat' on a chocolate cookie and finish with a ribbon of gel frosting around the base of the meringue.
- Serve and enjoy!
Aren’t they the cutest?! I wanted my witch hats to be swirled so I only added food coloring to the piping bag. Witch hat meringue cookies are the perfect Halloween snack but make sure you allow plenty of time to make them.
5 Family-Friendly Halloween Movies on Netflix:
- Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest
- Disney Spooky Buddies
- Mickey’s House of Mouse Villains
- Vampire Dog
- Hotel Transylvania 2