I like things to be fun & whimsical which means I don’t care for the scary version of Halloween. When my husband asked me to make cupcakes for a work potluck, I wanted to create something Halloween-y. Fruit-punch flavored eyeball Halloween cupcakes were just the thing!
Not only are these Monster Eye cupcakes cute but they are delicious and incredibly easy to assemble!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 small box Jell-O (any flavor that is red)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 container OREO cookies
- 1 container white frosting
- Wilton candy eyes
- 1 container red frosting, optional
- Preheat oven as directed on cake mix package.
- Combine cake mix, Jell-O, eggs, milk and vegetable oil. Mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners about ⅔ full.
- Bake as directed on cake mix package.
- Cool completely before decorating.
- Add a circle of frosting the the top of the cupcake.
- Add half of an OREO (just the cookie side with the filling!).
- Put a tiny bit of frosting somewhere near the center of the OREO filling and add the Wilton candy eye.
- Repeat until all cupcakes are decorated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Apparently, these Halloween cupcakes were a hit since my husband came home with an empty cupcake carrier.