If your kids are anything like mine, it doesn’t matter if you are driving around town or across the country, they can make you a little crazy! It’s easy for them to do – especially if they sit with nothing to do in the back seat. The question is – how do you keep your kids from pushing your buttons while you are driving from here to there?!
We have a list of ways to keep our kids occupied in the car. They include:
- I know, I know, it’s not the world’s best idea but there are so many educational games available. But tablets keep my kids from fighting with each other.
- Printable Games
- There are a zillion websites that offer printable games – Tic-Tac-Toe, Car Bingo, License Plate Game and so much more. Printing off a few of your child’s favorites will keep them occupied for hours in the car! Bonus? Give them a new package of markers for even more fun!
- Stop for Fun
- Pull over and visit an attraction or local park. Let your kids run off the wiggles. They may even nap after 20-30 minutes of running around! This seems like a no-brainer but I have a hard time remembering to let my kids burn off the built-up energy!
- 20 Questions
- Pull up Pinterest and search ‘Questions for Kids’ and ask 7 or 8 every hour. It’ll give everyone something to talk about and your kids won’t be focused on annoying the adults. (This is one of my kids’ favorite things to do!!)
- Gifts for Good Behavior
- I am perfectly fine with bribing my kids for good behavior. I buy little toys from a dollar store or candies I know they love. If they can behave for a set amount of time, I’ll pull a gift out of the prize bag. This is better for a longer trip but if your kids just can’t handle the 20 minute drive across town, give it a try!
How do you keep your kids occupied in the car?
Get more tips and tricks from Button Dodge.