**Full Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StouffersHoliday #CollectiveBias
The week of Thanksgiving is crazy. My kids are out of school, I am busy trying to get the house in tip-top shape for the holiday and family is arriving from out of town.
On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, my kids and I make salt dough place cards for Thanksgiving dinner. I buy a STOUFFER’S® Lasagna with Meat Family Size Entreé at Walmart so I don’t have to worry about making dinner.
Before the kids and I start on the salt dough place cards, we make the base for our non-alcoholic White Grape & Cranberry Sparklers.
- 4 cups Cranberry Juice
- 4 cups White Grape Juice
- 4 cups White Soda (to be added later)
- Fresh Cranberries, optional
- Mix cranberry juice with white grape juice.
- When you are ready to serve, fill ½ a glass with the juice mixture.
- Fill the other ½ of the glass with white soda.
- Drop in a few cranberries, optional.
- Serve and enjoy!
We only make the base because if you add the soda, it’ll go flat.
After the sparkler juice is ready, the boys and I move into making salt dough place cards.
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Wax paper
- Cookie cutter
- Paint, permanent markers, etc., optional
- Measure out all ingredients
- Use your hands to combine it all together. (It’ll feel like rough dough.)
- Roll into a large ball and then flatten it (to about 1/2 an inch thick) on a piece of wax paper.
- Cut your shape with a cookie cutter.
- Roll & repeat until you have as many as you need.
- Bake at 200 degrees for about 90 minutes.
- Let them cool.
- Decorate the place cards with paint and/or permanent markers.
- Set them out on your Thanksgiving table!
It’s nice to take a break from cleaning and cooking to spend time with my family. James, Colin and I have made these place cards for the last few years and we have so much fun making them!
I pair the White Grape & Cranberry Sparklers with a pre-made salad and STOUFFER’S® Lasagna with Meat. It’s a delicious meal and makes the Wednesday before Thanksgiving so easy!
STOUFFER’S® Lasagna Family Size is on Rollback at Walmart from 10/1/15 to 12/31/15.