I love this time of year – all of the beautiful colors, cooler weather and yummy treats! Unlike other people, when I think fall, I think carrot cake.
I received a huge box of Autumn-colored candies from Sweetworks to use for any recipe I wanted to create.
Using Harvest Sixlets and foiled semi-solid turkeys, I made this super cute carrot cake perfect for fall – especially Thanksgiving!
- Butter for pans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus some for pans)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1½ cups chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour three (9-inch) round pans.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add eggs and vegetable oil.
- Using a mixer, blend until combined.
- Add carrots and optional pecans.
- Pour evenly into pans.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans, place on waxed paper and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting and decorate as desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
I love how cute this cake turned out! If you don’t like nuts, you could use large gumballs around the base of the cake instead.
How would you decorate a Thanksgiving cake?!