I was at my sister’s house for the 4th of July. She was telling me she needed to make more Homemade Powder Laundry Detergent and then she offered to let me use her recipe for the purposes of this blog. I couldn’t resist the opportunity to share something great with y’all! I took pictures while she worked. (She didn’t want to be photographed, but you might see her hands in a few of these photos.)
- One 4 pound box of Borax
- One 4 pound box of Baking Soda
- One 4 pound box of Washing Soda
- 2 bars of Zote Soap
- 1 bar of Fels-Naptha
- Large bucket
- Homemade Powder Laundry Detergent container
- Purex Crystals, optional
- Puree Zote Soap and Fels-Naptha in a food processor
- In a large bucket, layer borax, baking soda, washing soda and pureed Zote soap & Fels-Naptha. Repeat until everything is in the bucket.
- Shake well.
- Put the mixture in a (pretty) container, leaving room in the top for the scoop.
- Use 2 TBSP of Homemade Powder Laundry Detergent per load of laundry.