**Full Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RedVelvetLove #CollectiveBias
I have an awesome little family and do my best to show them how much I care all year long with a little extra love on Valentine’s Day. I also have an amazing church family! And while I think I show how much I care when I listen, take meals, etc., sometimes it’s fun to do a little more with sweet treats.
When I saw M&M’s® Red Velvet at Walmart, I knew I had to create something fun, but what? M&M’s® Red Velvet Cupcakes in a Jar with Cream Cheese Frosting, that’s what!!
So I grabbed two bags of M&M’s®, a box of red velvet cake mix and two packages of cream cheese. After I checked out, I went home and got to work. (It was so difficult not to eat it all!)
I didn’t make the cake mix as directed because I wanted something a little more rigid but I think it turned out beautifully. You should know that I only got 6 1/2 jarcakes out of my 11 cupcakes, but each jar could easily be split between two people. Here’s the M&M’s® Red Velvet Cupcakes in a Jar with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe:
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 stick butter, melted (I used unsalted)
- 1 egg
- 2 boxes (16 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks butter, soft
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- M&M’s® Red Velvet
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix the red velvet cake mix, melted butter and egg together until everything is incorporated. It will be very thick.
- Drop liners in a cupcake pan.
- Fill each liner ⅔ full. (I was only able to get 11 cupcakes out of my batter.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for several hours.
- Blend cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
- Pour it into a gallon-sized zipper bag.
- Cut about ¼ inch off the bottom corner.
- Remove the liners from your cupcakes and cut each cake in half (horizontally).
- Place the bottom of the cupcake in the bottom of your jar.
- Put a nice layer of frosting on the cake.
- Drop in 4-6 M&M’s® Red Velvet.
- Put the top of the cupcake on top of your M&M’s®.
- Add in another layer of frosting and more M&M’s®.
- Repeat until the jar is ¾ full.
- Serve and ENJOY!
This is what it should look like, step-by-step:
I made these cupcakes in jars so they’d transport easily to my church family. I haven’t shared these M&M’s® Red Velvet Cupcakes in a Jar with my friends yet, but I’ll be making deliveries very soon.
See more great M&M’s® Red Velvet recipe and party ideas at myconfectioncorner.com/valentines-day where you can also download a coupon to save on your M&M’s® purchase.
What would you make with M&M’s® Red Velvet?