**Full Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameTreats #CollectiveBias
For the last couple of years, my family and I have spent Big Game Sunday with friends – either at our house or theirs. No matter where we watch the football game, two things are the same: I am in charge of dessert and we have an absolute blast together!
I usually make something easy (like cookies) but this year I wanted to step up my game! I stopped in at Walmart and got everything I needed to test run my idea for football-shaped SNICKERS® brownies and Skittles® ‘crowd’ cupcakes.
What You’ll Need for Football-Shaped SNICKERS Brownies –
- 2 boxes brownie mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- Ingredients – doubled – as called for on the box of mix (eggs, water and oil)
- 1 (11.18 oz.) bag funsize SNICKERS
- Jelly Roll Pan
- Cooking Spray
- Football cookie cutter
- Chop SNICKERS bars and set aside.
- Make brownie mix as directed, then gently fold in the chopped SNICKERS.
- Preheat the oven as directed on the box.
- Line the jelly roll pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Pour the brownie batter over the foil.
- Bake until the brownies are done in the center.
- Let cool and then cut with the cookie cutter.
- Use some of your cupcake frosting to make the laces, optional.
I thought the brownies were delicious! But my husband said he couldn’t really tell they had SNICKERS in them. I think when I make them for the big game, I’ll chop my pieces a little larger.
The Skittles cupcakes are meant to look like the crowd – the idea came from a sugar cookie I saw on Pinterest. The cookie used nonpareils to create a ‘crowd’ but I wanted a larger ‘audience’ so
I my kids sorted the Skittles by color and picked team colors.
- 1 box cake mix, any flavor
- 1 box pudding, any flavor
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce (replaces oil)
- 1 cup milk (replaces water)
- 3 eggs
- Frosting, any flavor
- Preheat oven as directed on box.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding, unsweetened applesauce, milk and eggs.
- Mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full and bake as directed.
- Let cool and then frost.
- Top with Skittles.
Skittles ‘Crowd’ Cupcakes are good – but FULL of sugar! Have a big glass of milk or something salty to counteract all that sweet.
What are your favorite game day snacks?