What makes you GREAT? To be perfectly honest, I struggle with the answer to this question most days. Sure, there are things I like about myself, but do those things make me great? As hard as it may be, I am going to step out on a limb and tell you what makes me great. My ability to serve and support others is probably the thing I am most proud of. I make my kids their favorite foods and I receive compliment after compliment about how great those meals are! I enjoy taking care meals to friends when they are stressed, sick or just because. I am also great because I serve in my community. I volunteer at my kids’ school and serve in different capacities in my church.
5 Ways to Boost Your Confidence:
1. Give Back: Volunteer in your community! When you stop thinking about yourself and concentrate on the rest of the world, you don’t worry as much about your own flaws.
2. Think Positively: Replace your negative thoughts with positive ones. By doing so, great things will happen!
3. Smile: I feel so much better when I smile at others. The people you smile at will (probably) smile back and that little tiny thing that can have a chain reaction.
4. Stop Comparing: (This is something I am so guilty of doing.) You have to focus on improving your own life for the better, not on making you (or your life) like anyone else’s.
5. Identify Your Talents: Everyone is good at something, so pinpoint the things at which you excel, and then focus on them. Give yourself permission to take pride in yourself.
I am still a work in progress. I try to practice those five tips on a daily basis, but sometimes I fail and that’s okay.
Post Great Grains Cereal comes in eight varieties and have at least 30g of whole grains per serving. They are a heart healthy way to start the day. Starting my day with a bowl of Great Grains is just one more way for me to feel great because Great Grains has nutrition you can see. It makes me feel good about taking care of myself.
The ‘what makes you great’ survey says that while it’s important for women to surround themselves with people who will boost them up, that boost doesn’t always have to come from friends and family. When they need a good laugh, 59 percent of women would turn to their significant other.
What makes you feel great?!
Connect with Great Grains on Facebook!