Full Disclosure: This interview and giveaway is sponsored by Duracell. I received Duracell products in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
Being a parent is hard work. But trusting the power within (my instincts) is something I rely on to do what’s best for my kids.
By now, you may have seen Duracell’s #TrustYourPower video featuring Derrick Coleman, the first NFL deaf offensive player and Seattle Seahawks’ starting fullback and special teams player. What you may not know is the inspiring story of how his family helped get him to where he is today. Derrick’s mother, May Hamlin, was available for a quick interview.
Here’s what I asked:
1. In what ways did you encourage Derrick to trust his power and achieve his dreams?
2. Motherhood isn’t easy, where did you find the strength to be more parent than friend?
3. Did Derrick have a favorite football team as a kid?
4. What meal does your family ask for most often?
5. What did you do to trust your power as a Mom?
And here’s what Derrick’s mom, May, has to say:
How do you Trust the Power Within?
Only one person per household/IP address may enter. This giveaway is open to US residents only and will run through midnight CST on Tuesday, February 25, 2014. The winner will be randomly chosen using random.org and an email will be sent. The winner must respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. The giveaway item will be shipped directly to the winners from the sponsor. NOTE: The prize cannot be delivered to a P.O. Box.