**Full Disclosure: This post is a contest entry. If I win, I’ll receive a Family of 4 Fun Package! As always, all opinions are my own.
I was born and raised in San Antonio. Even though it’s only about a 3-hour drive, I’ve only been to the Houston-area once or twice! (I was in high school. I think once was for the Houston Live Stock Show and the other for a football game.)
The Army brought my husband to San Antonio in 2001 and he hasn’t ever been to visit Houston.
Our two boys haven’t been either!
I don’t have any good reasons for not visiting, so it’s time to change that!
I think The Woodlands Resort would be a great place to start, let me tell you why:
- It’s close enough to home that we can go for an overnight trip, but far enough away to feel like we are on vacation.
- The Woodlands is a RESORT and who wouldn’t want to go to a resort?!
- The waterscape looks amazing!
- It’d be a great weekend getaway – with or without kids – with lots of fun to be had!
- If we went with kids, we’d be close enough to take the boys to the Space Center (and they would LOVE that)!
Just looking at the pictures makes me want to pile everyone in the car and head over to The Woodlands Resort! It looks like an experience that my family would want to remember (and recreate) for years to come! I could definitely see making the resort an annual family staycation!
I’ve heard from several friends that The Woodlands Resort is a fantastic location for a staycation. You can’t beat a staycation full of adventure, pampering and relaxation! Now I think it’s my turn to visit so that I can recommend it to family and friends!
Have you been to The Woodlands Resort? What do you think of it?