I love fall – the colors, the weather, the wardrobe change, you name it! I think pumpkins are gorgeous and I enjoy decorating with them but I don’t like the way they taste. My husband, however, does. And his love of pumpkin inspired these Pumpkin Cupcakes!
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened or melted)
- 1 cup Dark Brown Imperial Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Granulated Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp all-spice
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp Crystallized Ginger (plus extra for frosting toppers) - Optional
- Mix together until smooth: brown & granulated sugars, butter, vanilla and eggs
- Add in and blend until smooth: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger and all-spice. Once smooth, blend pumpkin into the batter.
- Fold in crystallized ginger.
- Fill cupcake liners about half way, bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes.
- **Note: I frosted with store-bought cream cheese frosting & topped with crystallized ginger.
couldn’t wouldn’t taste these cupcakes, I made them before a church function so I’d have plenty of taste-testers! All the adults enjoyed them and even my kids (who would typically turn up their noses at pumpkin) ate more than one!
What’s your favorite pumpkin dessert?