While planning Becca’s bridal shower I was browsing Pinterest for bridal shower ideas. I came across an image of a cake made of towels and thought “BRILLIANT!” I clicked on it and was taken to a page with JUST THE IMAGE. I liked it so much that I decided to play with the idea and make my own Towel Cake!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 bath towels
- 2 hand towels (I used kitchen towels because they were cheaper!)
- Whatever you want to stick in your cake (I used kitchen utensils.)
- 2 safety pins (Optional)
- Fold the bath towels length-wise into thirds. Lay the first towel out flat on the ground with the second towel on top of the last six inches or so.
- Roll the towel(s) firmly. Once you’ve reached the end, wrap with ribbon and tie a knot or bow.
- If the towel edges don’t want to lay flat, you can safety pin them down.
- Repeat Step 1 – but this time use the hand (or kitchen) towels.
- Repeat step 2.
- Set the hand (or kitchen) towel tier on top of the bath towel tier.
- If you don’t have a utensil with a long enough handle, you will want to safety pin the tiers together so they stay put.
- Stick your kitchen utensils between the folds of the towels.
- If you have items that don’t have handles, you can tie them on.
Ta-daaa!!! It’s done, great job! What do you think?!
**Full Disclosure: This post was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest. I didn’t receive anything in exchange for this post. I made this “cake” out of towels and utensils already in my home. You can find the Towel Cake I gave my sister HERE.