I am a HUGE fan of Tillamook Cheese! So when they asked if I would create a recipe using their cheese, butter and/or sour cream, I said YESSSSSS!
My husband was just as excited as I was about this opportunity!
I was pretty sure I wanted to make a dessert but I took some time to consider all the ideas that my husband and I tossed around.
And then it was time to PLAY!
Day 1: I made shredded slow cooker chicken with apples, carrots, celery and a little onion. And used 1/2 of that chicken to make Chicken Salad with Tillamook Cheddar. It was ok, but a little weird.
Day 2: Apple Nachos. YUCK. Don’t ever attempt this! (It’s sliced apples with shredded cheddar on top and then baked for 5 minutes.)
Day 3: This recipe – Deep Dish Cheddar Apple Snickerdoodles – YUMMM!! The apples & cheddar are very subtle in the cookie, but it’s amazing!!
Oh, and I am sure you’ve noticed that I used apples in every recipe I tried. There are two reasons for that: 1) I have some good friends that LOVE apples & cheddar together, so I wanted to try to work with that 2) Apples are in season right now, which means they are super cheap. Plus they are delicious and good for you!
- 1 cup Tillamook (salted) Butter
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. cream of tarter
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups Tillamook (shredded) medium cheddar
- 1 apple – cut into tiny cubes (I used Gala)
- Cinnamon Shaker
- Blend butter, sugar, vanilla & eggs.
- Add in flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt. Mix.
- Combine cheese and apple cubes in the batter.
- Refrigerate 10-15 minutes.
- Spray your cupcake/muffin pan. Add cookie dough (about 2/3 full) and sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on each one.
- Bake at 350* for 18-24 minutes.
If you make ‘em, I’d love to hear what you thought!
**Full Disclosure: Tillamook provided me with cheese and butter to create a recipe – no other compensation was exchanged. All thoughts and opinions are my own.