When I created Corndog Casserole one day for my kids’ lunch, I had no idea it was a “thing.” It started because I wanted a soy-free corndog option for Colin. (Although, the hot dogs I bought have soy in them. UGH!)
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-4 hot dogs (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- Dump Jiffy cornbread mix into a medium bowl.
- Add milk and egg; mix.
- Throw in the sliced hot dogs and a handful of shredded cheddar. Mix everything together.
- (In the 2nd version of this recipe, I threw in about 1 TBSP honey and that’s good, too!!)
- Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 pan (I use glass).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350*
This is a dish my boys will eat over and over (even as leftovers!). I am not a corndog lover, so I don’t make it for dinner, but it’s great for lunch!
Do you think you’ll make Corndog Casserole? Do you think your kids will LIKE Corndog Casserole?